Lack of Cyber Awareness by Australia’s SMEs
Australian small and medium-sized businesses believe they are less vulnerable to cyber incidents than larger companies, yet the majority of SMEs reported they’d had a cyber incident in the past 12 months.
The survey of SMEs by insurance company Chubb has questioned the preparedness of SMEs to deal with cyber threats.
- 60% of SMEs surveyed experienced a cyber incident in the past 12 months. Nonetheless, SMEs seem confident in managing a cyber incident
- 87% believe they can overcome a cyber incident and 56% believe that they can contain an incident within 12 hours, but survey responses seem to contradict this confidence:
- 30% of SMEs who experienced a cyber incident did not know which data files were affected
- 45% are not confident that their employees who have access to sensitive data are fully aware of their data privacy responsibilities
- Surprisingly, 28% of SMEs took no action following a cyber incident
Most SMEs believe that the Head of IT and/or the CEO should be responsible for cyber-security
In Think Technology Australia’s experience many SMEs don’t consider managed IT services because they think it will be too expensive, or that their business does not warrant such a service.
However, we offer a tiered approach to managed services which is specifically tailored to the needs, size and budget of each individual business or organisation.
You can choose between three different levels of support to match your service requirements and budget. Each level clearly defines the work that will be performed under a service agreement. We operate on fixed monthly fees with no lock in contracts.