Azure Information Protection Plans
|Manual document classification and consumption of classified documents||X||X|
|Automated data classification and administrative support for automated rule sets||X|
|Hold Your Own Key (HYOK) for highly regulated scenarios||X|
|Protection for Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, and Microsoft OneDrive for Business content||X||X|
|Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) for customer-managed key provisioning life cycle||X||X|
|Protection for on-premises Exchange and SharePoint content via Rights Management Services (RMS) connector||X||X|
|RMS software developer kit for all platforms: Windows, Windows Mobile, iOS, Mac OSX, and Android||X||X|
|RMS connector with on-premises Windows Server file shares by using the File Classification Infrastructure (FCI) connector||X||X|
|Document tracking and revocation||X||X|
|Protection for non-Microsoft Office file formats, including PTXT, PJPG, and PFILE (generic protection)||X||X|
|RMS content consumption by using work or school accounts from RMS policy-aware apps and services||X||X|
|RMS content creation by using work or school accounts||X||X|
Why would you use it?
Now that much of your data can be located in the cloud, it is very important to protect it. The work environment for many people these days can look like this;
- Accessing data on the go from a wide range of networks
- The ability to share data with the click of a button
- Not everyone in the business will know how to classify the data correctly.
How will Azure Information Protection help?
- Classifying and labeling data based on content, source or context.
- This will stay with the document and can be added automatically or manually.
- Providing protection and control of use rights
- Encrypts the document and only allows authorized users to access it.
- Encryption persists with the document in flight and at rest.
- Tracking and reporting of user activities
- Your users can track who has accessed a document and can revoke access to unauthorized users if needed.
- Azure Information Protection provides logs and reporting that can be used for industry specific compliance purposes.